Cornbread and casserole fans! Spice it up and make this delicious Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread Casserole!
Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread Casserole
Makes 8 servings
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1 8-ounce package cornbread mix
- 1 15-ounce can corn, drained
- 1 14.75 ounce can cream corn
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 strips of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed and finely chopped
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Stir together the cornbread mix, corn, cream corn, egg, and butter until well combined.
- Fold in the bacon, jalapeno, and cheddar cheese.
- Spray a quart-size casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray and spread the mixture evenly in the pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until the center of the casserole is set.
- Allow to cool for five minutes, then enjoy.